In June 2017 the Kukkiwon and World Taekwondo announced the development of three new poomsae to be added to the current classic poomsae in competitions.
- Bee-Gak Il Jang will be added to the Cadet (age 12-14), Junior (age 15-17) and Under 30 (age 18-30) divisions.
- Bee-Gak Ee Jang will be added to the Junior (age 15-17) and Senior 1 (age 18-30) divisions.
- Bee-Gak Sam Jang will be added to the Senior 1 (age 18-30) division.
Next to the addition of these new forms some lower forms will be dropped and substituted for higher forms.
- Taegeuk 4-5 will be removed from all divisions.
- Taegeuk 6, 7 and 8 will be removed from Under 30 (age 18-30) and Under 40 (age 31-40) divisions.
- Taebaek, Pyongwon and Bee-Gak 1 will be added to Cadet division.
- Pyongwon, Shipjin, Bee-Gak 1 and Bee-Gak 2 will be added to Junior division.
- Jitae, Cheonkwon, Hansoo, Bee-Gak 1, Bee-Gak 2 and Bee-Gak 3 will be added to Under 30 (age 18-30) division.
- Jitae, Cheonkwon and Hansoo will be added to the Under 40 (age 31-40) division.
These changes are scheduled to be used at the 2018 Asian Games and the 2020 World Poomsae, Freestyle and Para Championships.
Why was this video chosen for use on this wiki? Do you have a better video? Please see Video Guidelines before replacing this video with a better one.
See Also Edit
- Kukkiwon Competition Poomsae
- Taekwondo Forms
- Hanryu and Bikkak (previous attempts at competition poomsae)