On June 23rd 2017 the Kukkiwon and World Taekwondo announced the development of three new poomsae to be added to the current classic poomsae in competitions during the [World Taekwondo | WT] General Assembly in Muju, Korea.  
- Bee-gak Il Jang will be added to the Cadet (age 12-14), Junior (age 15-17) and Under 30 (age 18-30) divisions.
- Bee-gak Ee Jang will be added to the Junior (age 15-17) and Senior 1 (age 18-30) divisions.
- Bee-gak Sam Jang will be added to the Senior 1 (age 18-30) division.
In addition, it was announced that some of the classic poomsae would be dropped for use in competition and substituted for higher forms:
- Taegeuk 4-5 will be removed from all divisions.
- Taegeuk 6, 7 and 8 will be removed from Under 30 (age 18-30) and Under 40 (age 31-40) divisions.
- Taebaek, Pyongwon and Bee-gak 1 will be added to Cadet division.
- Pyongwon, Shipjin, Bee-gak 1 and Bee-gak 2 will be added to Junior division.
- Jitae, Cheonkwon, Hansoo, Bee-gak 1, Bee-gak 2 and Bee-gak 3 will be added to Under 30 (age 18-30) division.
- Jitae, Cheonkwon and Hansoo will be added to the Under 40 (age 31-40) division.
- Hansoo will be added to the Under 50 (age 41-50) division.
Disambiguation of the name Bigak:
|Poomsae||Year Introduced||Used By||Is Similar To|
|Bikkak||2007||Never adopted||Is the basis for the 2017 WT form Bigak Il Jang|
|Bigak||2016||Kukkiwon||Is the basis for the 2017 WT form Bigak Ee Jang|
|Bee-gak Il Jang||2017||World Taekwondo||Is based on the 2007 Bikkak|
|Bee-gak Ee Jang||2017||World Taekwondo||Is based on the 2016 Bigak|
|Bee-gak Sam Jang||2017||World Taekwondo||Is based on the 2016 Nareusya|
Latest News about the Bigak Poomsae:Edit
November 2017: It was revealed that:
- Bee-gak Ee Jang is the same as Bigak, one of the 10 new Kukkiwon Competition Poomsae (not to be confused with the 2007 candidate form Bikkak)
- Bee-gak Sam Jang is the same as Nareusya, one of the 10 new Kukkiwon Competition Poomsae.
December 2017: The latest information we got this weekend from the WT vice president is that at the 2018 world championships competitors will be able to choose for the traditional (taegeuk, poomsae koryo - poomsae hansu) or modern (bigak 1-3) forms. Starting 2019 the modern forms will be compulsory.
February 2018: Poomsae competition rules will also be updated. Minor technical errors will not be counted anymore, only big errors for erroneous technique. Different judges will score different espects of the performance and those scores will be combined.
Why was this video chosen for use on this wiki? Do you have a better video? Please see Video Guidelines before replacing this video with a better one.
The following diagram is not definitive. It's based only on what can be seen in Kukkiwon's Nareusya video. It has not yet been verified against the above (new) video.
Written Instructions Edit
See Also Edit
- Kukkiwon Competition Poomsae
- Taekwondo Forms
- Hanryu and Bikkak (previous attempts at competition poomsae)