In ITF Taekwondo, a Fixed Stance (also called gojeong seogi) is like a Left Stance or Right Stance except the weight distribution is even between the two feet, and the forward foot is even farther forward (two foot lengths forward). It is an effective stance for attack and defence to the side.
- Move one foot to the either the front or rear a distance of 1.5 shoulder widths from the big toe of the rear foot to the toes of the front foot, almost forming a right angle
- The toes of both feet point 15 degrees inward.
- Place the heel of the front foot 2.5cm beyond the heel of the rear foot.
- Bend the rear leg until the knee is aligned with the big toe, bending the front leg proportionally
- Keep the hip aligned with the inner knee joint
- Always half facing
- Body weight even on both feet
- When the right foot is advanced it is a right stance, and vice versa
- Stances on School of Martial Arts