Four Direction Thrust (saju tulgi) is the name of a basic exercise in ITF-style taekwondo. The Four Direction Thrust is less commonly taught than the Four Direction Punch and the Four Direction Block; the Four Direction Thrust appears in General Choi's full 15-volume Encyclopedia but not in his Condensed Encyclopedia.
- Ready Stance: Closed Ready Stance - Type C.
- Pivot 180 degrees to the left and then step back with the right foot into a right L stance (i.e., a back stance, left foot forward) facing C. Right rear elbow strike with the right-fist closed.
- Again stepping with the right foot, step the right foot back toward A to turn 90 degrees left into another right L stance. Right rear elbow strike again with a closed right fist.
- Repeat this movement again: step with the right toward toward D to turn 90 degrees into another right L Stance. Right rear elbow strike again.
- Repeat yet again: step with the right toward toward B to turn 90 degrees into another right L Stance. Right rear elbow strike.
- Finish - bring the right foot back to a ready position.
- 10th gup - no form, just basic exercises: Four Direction Punch and Block
- 9th gup - Chon-Ji (19 movements)
- 8th gup - Dan-Gun (21 movements)
- 7th gup - Do-San (24 momements)
- 6th gup - Won-Hyo (28 momements)
- 5th gup - Yul-Gok (38 momements)
- 4th gup - Joong-Gun (32 momements)
- 3rd gup - Toi-Gye (37 momements)
- 2nd gup - Hwa-Rang (29 momements)
- Basic exercise at 2nd gup: Four Direction Thrust
- 1st gup - Choong-Moo (30 momements)
The primary reference is:
The following websites are also particularly good online references for ITF-style taekwondo: