The Korean Tigers Taekwondo Demonstration Team (K Tigers, k타이거즈) is one of the world's leading taekwondo demo teams. The team was established by Hak Sun An in 1990 in Seoul, South Korea. Their main practice studio is still located in Seoul. The team includes a men's team, a women's team, and the "Little Tigers" children's team. In total, there are over 60 members of the team.
When originally founded, the team's demonstrations tended to focus on just taekwondo and acrobatic tricking. Over time, the team has incorporated more dance and music into their routines as well. In recent years, the musical selection has tended towards K-Pop style music.
The primary avenue for joining the K-Tigers is via audition, with auditions open to a wide range of ages and belt levels. In other words, you do not need to be a black belt to join the K-Tigers; auditions are open to both children and adults. When accepted into the K-Tigers, members transfer from their original dojang to the K-Tigers practice studio.
K-Tigers training consists of all aspects of taekwondo (poomsae, sparring, breaking, self-defense, etc.) along with dance and musical training. Some K-Tigers members go on to have successful careers in the entertainment industry (film, music, etc.) In the main studio, adult members practice 8-10 hours per day. Children practice 2-3 hours per day, practicing around their school schedules.
The K-Tigers main practice studio is located in Seoul, but the K-Tigers have also opened a large chain of K-Tigers branded taekwondo schools in Korea, with plans to expand outside Korea. As a corporate entity, the K-Tigers consist of two distinct corporations: an entertainment company focused on film, media production, and live performances; and the chain of K-Tigers branded taekwondo schools. The K-Tigers TV channel on YouTune has 670,000 subscribers, with some videos receiving views in the millions.
The K Tigers have participated in numerous international competitions such as the World Taekwondo Championship (1993, 1997, 2001), Worldcup Taekwondo Championship (1994, 1996,1997, 2000, 2002), U.S. Open Taekwondo Championship (1992, 1993, 1994, 1995, 1999), Sydney Olympics Taekwondo Demonstration, Busan Asian Games Taekwondo Demonstration, demonstrations at the World Martial Arts Championship held in Paris, France, and tours in the U.S. and Europe.
- Touring in India: http://www.destinationkpop.com/exclusive-interview-k-tigers/
- Min-Ji Cho: https://www.instagram.com/p/BEM3LrhLPKE/?hl=en
- Min-Ji Cho: http://www.ohmynews.com/NWS_Web/View/at_pg.aspx?CNTN_CD=A0002255550
Post K-Tigers CareersEdit
Careers in entertainment:Edit
- Tae-Joo Na, actor - http://www.imdb.com/name/nm5173289/
- Tae-mi, actress - http://www.imdb.com/name/nm5173233/
- Hyeon-Min Byun (변현민), musician, Produce 101
Also conected to the K-Tigers:
- Bo Blaylock, actor - http://www.imdb.com/name/nm4671604/
- The K-Tigers production company - http://www.imdb.com/company/co0487572
Schools run by former K-Tigers:Edit
- K-Tiger Taekwondo - Fruit Cove, Florida - ?? Kim - http://ktigertkd.com
- Ktigers USA - Cliffside Park, New Jersey - Dae-Sung Chung - http://www.ktigersusatkd.com
- Ktigers USA - Coeur d' Alene, Idaho - ? ? Kim (nephew of Hak Sun An) - https://www.ktigersusa.com
- Lee's Tae Kwon Do - Palm Harbor, Florida - Pan-Jong Lee - http://leestkd.blogspot.com
- Liberty Pak's Academy - Liberty, Missouri - J. Ju Hyuk - http://www.libertypaks.com
- Majest Martial Arts - Sterling, Virginia - Seung-Min Choi - http://www.bemajest.com